One of our frog family's favorite parts at Disneyland ResortHalloween timeis the after-hours Halloween party. In 2019, Mr. Oogie Boogie took Disneyland's Halloween party and turned it into an entirely new event, the Oogie Boogie Bash - a Disney Halloween party at Disney California Adventure (instead of Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland Park). This year, Oogie Boogie Bash has returned to Disney California Adventure!
- entry procedures
- Special entertainment
- trick or treat
The Halloween decorations at Disney California Adventure aretoadlyfantastic and they make a beautiful backdrop for the Disneyland Halloween party. On party nights, these decorations get even better with cool projections.
Here are the details and dates for 2022! The Oogie Boogie Bash will be held on select nights from September 6th to October 31st, 2022 (although tickets for the 2022 event have sold out). This year you can expect the return of the Frightfully Fun Parade, even more immersive treat trails, the Villains Grove Trail, costumes, decor and characters. You can also enjoy short wait times that come with limited capacity and special foods and treats.
wehoppeduntil opening night to bring you our best tips and tricks. We werefrog quotesfor the new immersive treat trail villains - they didn't disappoint - and the magical Villains Grove! There are three new villains in immersive treat paths, and everyone is talking about the Bruno Meet and Greet. We're sure you're just as excited as we are, so let'sjumpto!
Overview of the Oogie Boogie Bash Disneyland Halloween Party
The Oogie Boogie Bash is an after-hours ticketed event at Disney California Adventure Park. The party takes place on select Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights (plus a special D23 night on 10th September 2022) - from 6pm to 6pm. to 11 p.m. Party ticket holders can get the party started early by joining the Disney California Adventure day guests three hours early, beginning at 3 p.m. That means you should choose yours carefullyReservations for amusement parksthis fall, whether you join the party or not.
The park is all decked out for Halloween with daytime decor, plus special party decorations and lights at night. Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas is the scary monster and he's asking all his creepy villain friends and devils to help him set the scene. You can see your party ghost host in his immersive treat path in Hollywood Land. The Headless Horseman returned to Buena Vista Street, and you'll see beautiful projections across the street from him on Carthay Circle's Clock Tower. Sometimes the tower comes to life. Many classic Disney characters wear costume party attire, and rare characters greet guests. You'll find plenty of entertainment - both new and returning. And guests of all ages can wear costumes and trick or treat!
Follow our YouTube video which includes the followinghopefulTips for Participation.
Oogie Boogie Bash Dates
The Oogie Boogie Bash will take place from September 6th to October 31st, 2022. There are two Saturdays this year! Most nights fall on Tuesday, Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday, plus Monday 31st October. There are 24 nights of partying and an exclusive party for D23 members on September 10th.
Best dates to attend
The best dates are when you can walk! The most popular dates sell out instantly, but all dates sell out in advance - in fact, this year's event has already sold out, making 2022 Oogie Boogie Bash tickets unavailable. We like to visit on the first night of the season but some people like to visit on the weekend or on Halloween itself. It is possible that some party items sell out early and are not available for all party dates. So keep that in mind if it's important to you.
Also keep in mind that at the beginning of the season we usually experience very hot nights. If you have an elaborate costume planned, you might want to wait until the nights get a little cooler.
Oogie Boogie Bash login procedure
Get there early for this event - the lines can get incredibly long! You can enter the park from 3:00 p.m. and we encourage you to do so. If you enter the party early, you may see two separate entrance areas, one for day guests and one for party guests. Party guests are directed to an area to retrieve a bracelet, card, and bag. The Grand Californian Hotel & Spa also has an entrance. The colored bracelet has the day and date of the party and a QR PhotoPass code to link to the Disneyland app.
The bracelet allows you to stay in the park after it has closed. Guests without bracelets will not be able to move around the park once the park closes to the public and the party officially begins. Performers check bracelets throughout the night and rappel down areas to check bracelets. When the regular parking hours come to an end, the performers will begin to usher guests out without bracelets. If you're in the park all day, you don't have to go out of the park to get your wristband (we recommend that you DO NOT leave the park or you'll face long lines to get back in). You can check in at the Blue Sky Cellar. If you have to leave the party, take your ticket with you so you can get back in.
Some key entertainment times are included in the Disneyland app, but not all. The event guide includes all show times and locations for character sightings and hiking trails.
The performers wear party attire for the event. The treat holders vary. Sometimes they are cauldrons and sometimes rectangular carts. The treat trail markers look like larger oogie boogie ghosts. Along with loads of candy, we got carrots, healthy snacks, and even glow-in-the-dark temporary tattoos! This candy is sure to get heavy!
Oogie Boogie Bash entertainment
The hilarious parade at Oogie Boogie Bash
HopfigNews! The Frightfully Fun Parade is back for 2022. Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow lead about 15 minutes before the parade. Mickey and Minnie lead a cavalcade of characters and villains who will provide lots of fun along the parade route. Keep an eye out for a performance by the Cheshire Cat, who brings up the rear!
Parade times can be around 7:45pm. and 10 p.m. Both parades travel in the same direction. The parade starts down at Silly Symphony Swings and ends near Guardians of the Galaxy. Decide where you want to see the parade and be readyjumpon the spot if you see people claiming a seat about 45 minutes early. The parade arrives at the Hyperion Theater approximately 20 minutes after it begins.
If you've already seen this parade, this might be a good place to save time by skipping since the party is so short. Spend your time enjoying new experiences instead of waiting for the parade. On the downside, there are fewer shows to contend with for your time, so this could be the year to check out! The Hitchhiking Ghosts are back on the front of the Haunted Mansion wagon. Constance Hatchaway (the bride) is in the back of the wagon.
There's a Frightfully Fun Parade food package, as well as a dessert party. We'll get into the details later.
Mickys Trick & Treat Show
The tadpoles have a not-so-scary interactive stage show starring Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. It takes place at the Disney Theater (where during the day you can see the Disney Jr. Dance Party during normal operations). There is dancing, age-appropriate scary stories, sweets and soap bubbles. This party is a great addition for toddlers and toddlers. The show is short and sweet. Sounds like the perfect party to me!
Game times are 6:15 p.m., 6:55 p.m., 7:35 p.m., 9:00 p.m. and 9:50 p.m
Travel through a special Villains Grove Trail walkthrough at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. This villain-inspired dreamlike journey is unlike anything you've seen before. It has magical special effects, spooky sounds, shadows and lighting. You will want to visit this grove when it is very dark. There are no real living characters or candy on this path.
Here are the enchanting worlds that await you at Villains Grove in 2022:
- Frollo's sanctuary- Enter an otherworldly cathedral of trees steeped in incense scents and chanting voices(Guilty!).
- Maleficents Wille—Roam a region of spooky ravens, thorny lianas, and a seemingly enchanted waterfall of cascading colors!
- Cheshire Cat in Wonderland— We took a whirling ride “over there”.
- Garden of the Queen of Hearts—Wander through an enchanting rose garden that paints itself red right before your eyes!
- Scars Elefantenfriedhof– Descent into a wide expanse. Can you hear the echo of hyena laughter and see flames shooting up?
- dr Faciliers friends on the other side— Summoned by the great beyond, shadowy hands and colorful spells lure you deeper into the dark corners of the grove.
- The Evil Queen's Lightning Forest— Witness the awakening of the forest as an electric storm sweeps from branch to branch.
- Home of the Wisps—Winged guardians guide you to safety amid endless magical light.
- dusk—Follow flickering lanterns to a brilliant sunrise and escape this mythical journey!
We heard scary stories about long lines but when we visited the line was moving fast. You can plan your ride during a parade or before the park closes. our waitingandThe time spent on the trail was about 45 minutes.
Oogie Boogie Bash Character Greetings and Rides
Your favorite characters, including the villains you might like to hate, will be out. With the return of character meet and greet, you can take photos together again and even get hugs when the villain is up for it. Some classic characters appear in Halloween costumes. Other characters, such as Oogie Boogie, Maleficent, Tim Burton's the Mad Hatter, The Evil Queen, and others, oversee the candy distribution of thrones along their themed trick-or-treat paths.
Here's where to find characters in 2022. Characters and locations may change throughout the season.):
- Minnie, Daisy and Clarabelle Cow as the Sanderson Sisters - Hollywood Land
- Bruno - Grizzly Peak near The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Underwater Adventures
- Sinister Step and Repeat: Grizzly River Run Water Wheel
- Disney Duos (characters from the same movie or show): Carthay Circle (We saw Cinderella with her stepmother and evil stepsisters, followed by characters from last year's Hercules.)
- Mickey and Minnie: Paradise Park in front of the water
- Heroic Encounters: Avengers Campus
- Classic Animated Friends: Pacific Wharf
- Swashbuckling Sidekicks: Pacific Wharf (Last year we caught Captain Hook and Smee, as well as King John and other Robin Hood villains)
- Incredibles: Incredible roller coaster
- Pixar Pals: near the Poultry Palace
- Cars Land Residents: Near the Cozy Cone Motel
Here's the kicker: the longest lines of the night in the past have been to meet characters. That wasn't necessarily the case in 2021, but with the return of character greetings, the lines were long again in 2022. The characters in Carthay Circle had the shortest lines and were the easiest to visit. You should figure out which characters you want to see before the party starts, just in case lines form. If you decide to wait in line before the party to see The Sanderson Sisters, cast members may limit the line if it gets too long. You can try checking again later that night.
Rides and attractions at Oogie Boogie Bash
Ride wait times are historically shorter during the former Mickey's Halloween Party and Oogie Boogie Bash. Crowds are limited and there is so much other fun to explore. All the rides are open during the party, but check them outDisneyland RenovationsPlan ahead of your visit. You can enjoy the Screamin' Ride Overlays happening every night of the season, including Oogie Boogie Bash nights. After 3 p.m. daily, including party nights, the story you'll find on Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout! continues as Rocket Raccoon breaks in again to rescue Groot during Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark. (The regular Guardians of the Galaxy ride closes at 2pm to transition to the Monsters After Dark version, so the ride is closed for about 30-60 minutes each day.) Featuring a heavy metal soundtrack and fearsome creatures you will howl with excitement on this exhilarating night ride. Genie+ is not available during party time (and with shorter wait times, you won't need it!).
JumpHead over to Radiator Screams to enjoy the mesmerizing Halloween decor and lighting, as well as ride overlays from Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween. The costumed cars will rock the party too, so make sure to drive by to meet your favorite Cars characters! Along with all the party entertainment and dummy rides, you can also enjoy the Halloween decorations. Oogie Boogie graced the park more enchantingly than ever. The treat path in Cars Land offers a particularly “bootiful” view.
These are the rides and attractions that will be open during the 2022 Oogie Boogie Bash:
- Animation Academy – sessions start at 6pm. and run every half hour until the last session at 10:30 p.m. Artist choices on the nights we attended were various Sanderson sisters. The schedule is posted in front.
- Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark (opens daily at 3pm)*
- Mickeys PhilharMagic
- Monster AG.
- Radiator Springs Racer
- Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Weem
- Maters Friedhof JamBOOree
- Mickey's PhilharMagic (closes at 10pm)
- Incredible coaster
- Jessies Tierkarussell
- Pixar Pal-A-Round (closed on party nights from 6pm to 7pm)
- Emotional whirlwind from the inside out
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Stupid symphony swings
- jumping jellyfish
- Goofy's Heaven School
- Golden Zephyr
- The little mermaid
- Grizzly River Run (open 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (closes at 4:30pm and reopens at nightfall as Villains Grove)
- Fly around the world
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure on Avengers Campus is open to the party.
*Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission Breakout! closes daily at 2 p.m., then opens again at 3 p.m. for Monsters After Dark.
Information about the Oogie Boogie Bash costume
One of the exciting parts of the Oogie Boogie Bash is that frogs of all ages can wear family-friendly costumes and play trick-or-treating. Use good judgment and keep safety in mind when choosing a costume.
Costume guidelines for all guests:
- Guests who dress up as Disney characters cannot pose for photos or sign autographs.
- Costumes must not contain any sharp or pointed objects or any materials that could hit another guest.
- Costumes must not drag on the floor (no floor-length princess dresses).
- Layered costumes and costumes that encircle the entire body are not recommended and may be subject to additional screening.
- Costumes must not be obstructive, offensive, obscene or violent.
- Costumes may not contain weapons that could be confused with real weapons.
Costume policy for guests under the age of 13:
- Children can wear some masks - the eyes must be visible and the mask must not cover the entire face.
- You may not have props that look like real guns. Plastic lightsabers and plastic sabers are fine.
Costume guidelines for guests aged 14 and over:
- Capes must not go below the waist.
- Themed t-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are allowed.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic lightsabers, toy swords, and tutus.
- The headgear must not cover the face.
- Costume masks are not allowed.
- Face coverings for medical purposes and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are allowed.
- Guests may only wear costumes to the event for which they have valid tickets (day guests without party tickets cannot dress up).
- Full face color is ok.
Guests who do not follow the costume policy may be refused entry unless they are able to alter the costume to meet standards.
Of course, there's Oogie Boogie Bash clothing to buy if you're not the type to dress up. With the new Oogie Boogie Bash ears, a ghost leotard, shorts, sweatshirts and nipples, you can still be pretty damn stylish even if you don't want to wear a Halloween costume.
Our biggest tip is to check the weather. On opening night in 2022, it was very hot all night. That's why my Loki Variant jacket felt like a really bad idea. We recommend dressing in layers in case it cools down at night or if you need to shed a layer. It could get chilly later in the season.
Trick or treat at Oogie Boogie Bash
Our whole family enjoys trick or treating at the parks. Trick-or-treaters can collect candy from cauldrons along the trick-or-treat paths in the park. In addition to candy, you can collect healthy treats like carrots, apple slices, and pirate booty on the regular treat trails.
When you enter the park, a performer will give you a bag to collect candy, but you may want to bring your own larger and sturdier bag to lug around your loot. If it gets heavy, store it in a stroller or locker (along with sweatshirts or rain gear).
You might want to save trick-or-treating for later in the night when the lines tend to go down. This way you don't have to carry the candy all night. The lines are longest at the beginning and disappear as the night progresses, so don't waste early party time waiting in candy lines. There are so many sweets and it's not going anywhere. All the candy we received in 2022 was from Mars Wrigley. We also received grapes, carrots, apple slices, crackers, pirate loot, pretzels, and non-food items. You can let a cast member know if you have any allergies.
In 2022 there are nine villain-themed trick-or-treat paths. These paths are immersive with eerie music, characters, and themed landscapes. Immersive trails have a villain. Here's a look at the new villain goodies of 2022:
- Madame Mim — Hof des Hyperion-Theaters
- Mother Gothel - Behind Grizzly River Run
- Ernesto de la Cruz – To the left of the main entrance to Avengers Campus (opposite the waterfall)
Here are the six returning villain treats:
- Oogie Boogie (within Disney Animation - this is the only indoor trail)
- Maleficent (from Soarin')
- dr Facilier (by Golden Zephyr)
- Agatha Harkness (Avengers Campus) - Find her in the Sanctum spells.
- Sid (Pixar Pier) - Check out the Sid Show Circus and Sid's toy creations.
- Cruella (Hollywood Backlot) – She sets the stage for a fashion show, and Cruella is the future.
Other treat trails can be found here, but without signs:
- Cars Land (It has a pumpkin-like Halloween setting.)
- Buena Vista Street (We have full size candy bars at this place that pops up mid-party)
The villains will talk to you as you pass, but are generally on the stages and unavailable to pose for photos with you. Maybe you can take a selfie. It keeps the crowds moving. But they are very entertaining to see and hear, so we strongly recommend finding their tracks. You have several candy stops along the way to visit them. Cruella, Agatha Harkness and Sid were new for 2021, and so are wehopfigthey returned. They're bloody fun!
We met Madame Mim, Agatha and Mother Gothel early with very short lines. Then, after the first save, we also met Ernesto de la Cruz, Cruella and Oogie Boogie with heavily shortened lines. We walked down Buena Vista Street, stashed our loot in a locker, and later on in the footsteps of Cars Land, met Sid and Maleficent. Both Dr. Both Facilier and Ernest de la Cruz are closed during the parade.
Oogie Boogie Bash Food and Merchandise
There are two dining packages in 2022 that will include reserved viewings for the Frightfully Fun Parade: The Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Dining and Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party. Here are the delicious details for the 2022 packages.
Wine Country Trattoria Oogie Boogie Bash Parade Diningis a three-course menu with a starter, main course and dessert. The package is $59 for adults and $36 for children ages 3-9, plus tax and tip (discounts do not apply). There is an additional charge of USD 10 to order a rib eye steak.
You eat between 12:30pm and 6pm before or during the early admission time to the park. (You'll need an all-day ticket, which gives you access before 3pm if you reserve before 3pm. After 3pm, your Oogie Boogie ticket will allow you entry, but make sure you get there early.) You will Inform your server about upgrading to the package. We like that you can dine before the party so you don't waste party time and you can start your party with a full belly.
The meal is a salad or soup starter with a main course and a dessert. The dessert is a Mistress of Evil Black Forest gateau. Tadpoles get a choice of chicken breast, whole-wheat pasta with marinara and meatballs, salmon or cheese pizza with two sides (fruit, broccoli, or hash browns), and lava tombstone cake.
We were unable to pre-book but joined the walk up list and upgraded to the parade dining package. We liked that the food was good. We started the party with full bellies and didn't waste party time on a big meal. We had an area to watch the parade. We arrived 30 minutes before the parade started. The viewing area was near the waterfall across from the main entrance to Avengers Campus. You should angle to watch the parade from the Pixar Pier area.
The viewing area is separate from the dining area. Before parade time, head to a separate reserved standing area to witness the magic and mayhem of the Frightfully Fun Parade during the Oogie Boogie Bash party nights. You can now reserve for the day of your party ticket. (Walk-ins can be accommodated until 6pm if available.) Upon arrival, request an upgrade for the dining experience. You must show your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket to participate in the experience. Packages are subject to availability.
Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessertpartyfeatures "ghoul-inary" delights, including hauntingly delicious desserts and two drinks (plus a bottle of water) along with reserved seating viewing of the parade in front of Sonoma Terrace The Little Mermaid. Adults can choose drinks with alcohol. The dessert party can be reserved up to 60 days in advance. This experience is available in two sessions per night, with reservation times starting at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on party nights. Note that our dessert party photos are from 2021 and may differ from 2022.
You can check-in up to 45 minutes before the first parade (which starts at 7:50 p.m.) and up to 30 minutes before the second parade (which starts at 10:05 p.m.). First come, first served, so we strongly recommend arriving earlier than recommended to get the best seat. You can sit with other guests or in a back row. The dessert party starts 30 minutes before the parade starts and can be enjoyed until the end of the parade. The front row consists of low tables and the back rows of high tables.
Tickets for the dessert party are paid for at the time of reservation. It's $89 per person (ages 3 and up) and includes tax and tip. Children under the age of 2 can enter for free but must sit on an adult's lap. You must have Oogie Boogie Bash tickets to book. If the parade is canceled due to technical issues or the weather, your dessert package will not be refunded.
We like that this gives you a seat to see the parade, but it can save you moneyJumparound the same time on the parade route, you can check in for the dessert party without spending any extra money. And you'll already be loaded with the trick-or-treating candy. Use them to make your own dessert party!
Other dining options
In addition to the food at the parade, other themed restaurants will also be open during the event. The following restaurants are open and some close earlier (restaurant hours are subject to change). You can look up each restaurant listed below on the Disneyland website to see opening hours for the date you wish to visit:
- Smokejumpers Grill
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical
- Angry Dogs
- Award Wieners (closes at 9:30pm)
- Cocina Cucamonga (closes at 8pm)
- Cozy cone motel
- Flo's V8 Café mix of melon, peach and mint liqueur plus orange and pineapple juice topped with a glow cube - look for Oogie Boogie Bash - exclusive loaded fries with buffalo chicken, loaded gravy or loaded gravy
- Pacific Wharf-Café
- Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
- Poultry Palace
- Lamplight Lounge (5:05 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- Lamplight Lounge Boardwalk Dining (17:00 to 21:00)
- Lucky Fortune Cookery (closes at 7pm)
- Studio Catering (closes at 9pm)
- Hollywood Lounge - Look for Oogie Boogie Bash - Exclusive Beverage, The Witches are Back (Blend of melon, peach and mint liqueur, plus orange and pineapple juice, topped with a Glow Cube)
- Wine Country Trattoria (dinner from 4:00 p.m. to 5:55 p.m.)
- Paradise Garden Grill (closes at 7pm)
- And more (check hours online)
The party goes by so fast. Maybe you don't want to stop to eat. We recommend refueling before the party starts. You might want to stop for the Strawberry Flavored Pain Churro and the Raspberry Flavored Panic Churro.
When you dine at the Wine Country Trattoria during the party, go to the dark side with delicious Mistress of Evil Chocolate Cake. It comes with the Parade Dining Pack.
You can shop Oogie Boogie Bash shirts, mugs and pins while supplies last. Oogie Boogie Bash items sell out incredibly quickly and may not be available for all party dates. Of course, outside of the party, there are also spooky Halloween items at both parks and Downtown Disney. You'll find ghost leotards, shirts, a festive Minnie Mouse ear headband, a mini loungefly backpack, and more. There are also many more Halloween items to get you in the spirit of Halloween.
Oogie Boogie Bash tips
Here are a few tips for the Oogie Boogie Bash - a Disneyland Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure.
- Tickets for the 2022 event are sold out. Buy early 2023.
- Plan a fun costume. People of all ages dress up!
- Follow the costume guidelines.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Make sure your costume is comfortable in the heat or rain. We saw some smoldering little oogie boogies on opening night.
- Arrive at the park entrance up to three hours before the party starts, depending on the night. We recommend an arrival until 3:00 p.m. to skip the later lines and have fun.
- Collect and look at a card to look for character salutes and treats (although the 2022 card didn't contain any specific character information).
- A few attractions have limited hours (see our list of rides above).
- Check the Disneyland app and website for some show times and ride wait times.
- Note the show times for Mickey's Trick & Treat and the Frightfully Fun Parade (mentioned above).
- Enjoy free PhotoPass downloads during the party. Ask about Halloween Magic Shots. Scan the PhotoPass QR cost on your wristband.
- Are you a new Magic Key holder? Your Magic Key Pass unlocks a very special experience at Oogie Boogie Bash this year. You can enjoy a special Hocus Pocus photo op near Silly Symphony Swings. It is a backdrop and does not contain live characters. There is also a special gift for Magic Key owners.
- Save trick-or-treating in case the lines go down, but by all meansjumpeventually into some immersive trails with characters.
- Get a locker for sweatshirts, water bottles, bags of candy, or anything else you don't want to carry around all night.
- Visit the Villains Grove when it's very dark outside.
- Find your favorite character locations before the party starts.
- Watch the projections on the Carthay Circle Bell Tower.
- Drink enough!
What about Halloween time at Disneyland Park?
Just because the party has left Disneyland Park doesn't mean the Halloween fun is gone too.Disneyland is still decorated with pumpkins, and guests with Disneyland tickets can still film Haunted Mansion Holiday, where Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion. You can meet Jack Skellington and Sally on New Orleans Square and costumed classic characters on Main Street, U.S.A. Disneyland has brought back Halloween Screams for all guests most nights of the Halloween season. Most nights the show only has projections, music and special effects. Fireworks light up the show on select nights (primarily on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays).
If you're hungry for details on terribly fun treats, there are plenty of fun, themed treats in both parks.Jumpover to oursFoodie's Guide to Disneyland Halloween Treatsfor some ideas for tasty treats available throughout the season and during the party.
Have questions about Oogie Boogie Bash - A Disneyland Halloween Party? Write to us in the comments below! Notfrogto check oursDisneyland Halloween Time Guideto see what isto jumpat Disneyland Park for Halloween.
Related:Best time to go to Disneyland
Related:Disneyland Vacation Planning Guide
- Tip #1. ...
- Oogie Boogie Bash Tip #2: Arrive Early.
- Tip #3 Know Where The Villainous Characters Are.
- Oogie Boogie Bash Tip #4: Watch The Second Parade. ...
- Tip #5 – Visit Avengers Campus For Rare Character Pop-Ups After 7 pm.
Oogie Boogie Bash Entry Procedures
You can enter the park as early as 3 p.m. and we recommend that you do. If you are entering the party early, you may see two separate entrance areas, one for daytime guests and one for party guests. Party guests are funneled to an area to collect a wristband, map and bag.
Oogie Boogie Bash is a special extra-ticket event held select nights at at Disney California Adventure during the Halloween season. The party includes an exclusive Halloween parade with an appearance by a horseback-riding headless horseman, trick-or-treating, and more.Can you ride rides during Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
What rides are open during Oogie Boogie Bash? Most of the attractions at Disney California Adventure Park will be open for the party if they are also open during the day. However, there's one attraction that is only open at night during Halloween Time and only at Disney California Adventure Park.How do you prepare for Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
- Buy Oogie Boogie Bash tickets early. ...
- Plan costumes that work in variable weather. ...
- Have a plan before you arrive. ...
- Be ready to prioritize and compromise. ...
- Skip the parks on party mornings. ...
- Enter Oogie Boogie Bash through the Grand Californian if eligible. ...
- Eat an early dinner.
Once you walk through the hotel and get to the security and entrance booth, have your Oogie Boogie Bash ticket ready to show. Once you are in the park, you will be given your party wristbands, a map/party guide, and your treat bags.Does Disneyland kick you out for Oogie Boogie? ›
If you have a regular theme park ticket for a day that includes Oogie Boogie Bash (and not a ticket for the event), you will be escorted out at 6:00pm. You may visit Disneyland at this point if you have a park hopper ticket. If you do not have a park hopper ticket, I recommend enjoying Downtown Disney.Is Disneyland crowded during Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
Tickets for the Oogie Boogie Bash cost around the same price as a regular one-day Disneyland ticket. The park is still crowded and lines are still long for popular rides. You can enjoy Halloween decorations and ride overlays during regular park hours with a regular ticket.Is Oogie Boogie bash at Disneyland worth it? ›
Oogie Boogie Bash might be expensive, but if you're going to spend money on one special event at Disneyland, this should be it. I loved every minute of the bash; it's the best event I've ever been to at Disney (not just Disneyland, also Walt Disney World). It's expensive and it's hard to get tickets.Is the Oogie Boogie dessert party worth it? ›
Is Oogie Boogie Bash worth it? HECK YEAH. It's jam packed with opportunities and creepy (but not too scary) fun. But even when an event is showing out, there are bound to be some misses.
Don't miss the Frightfully Fun Parade of classic characters as well as creatures like the Headless Horseman, and the after-dark fireworks display Halloween Screams.Can you wear a mask to Oogie Boogie? ›
As you mentioned, costume masks of any kind may not be worn by Guests over the age of 14 during Oogie Boogie Bash. I spoke to a Cast Member, and even though you would only wear the masks for photos, they do not suggest you bringing the masks to the event.Do I need Genie Plus for Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
Anna-Marie, since Oogie Boogie Bash is a special, after-hours ticketed event, you won't be able to use the Disney Genie+ service. However, you'll be pleased to know that you won't actually need it. These events have far fewer people than a regular theme park day.Do you have to leave the park for Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
Michelle, once you are in Disney's California Adventure Park, there is no need to leave the park in order to get your wristband for the party. You can head to Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar to check in for Oogie Boogie Bash.What time can you enter the park for Oogie Boogie? ›
The Oogie Boogie Bash takes place at Disney California Adventure in Disneyland Resort. The event begins at 6PM and lasts until 11PM. Ticket holders may enter DCA as early as 3PM and no park reservation is required.How much is the Oogie Boogie backpack? ›
Oogie Boogie Loungefly Backpack – $85
The inside, like Oogie Boogie himself, is full of bugs.
It's expensive and it's hard to get tickets. But it's worth every penny and every minute you spend preparing for it for the total immersion in the wicked fun of the Halloween season. Oogie Boogie Funnel Cake Fries are available at Award Wieners in DCA all Halloween season long, not just at the bash.What can you do at the Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
Highlights of Oogie Boogie Bash include immersive treat trails, Mickey's Trick and Treat show, the Frightfully Fun Parade, Villains Grove at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, and more. All lands remain opening during the Halloween Party, including Avengers Campus.Do Oogie Boogie Bash tickets sell out fast? ›
Book your spots as early as possible for the Oogie Boogie Bash—tickets sell out fast every year. But even if you miss out on the actual event, there's still plenty of Halloween Time fun to be had at both parks throughout September and October for all visitors.Can I wear a mask to Oogie Boogie Bash? ›
As you mentioned, costume masks of any kind may not be worn by Guests over the age of 14 during Oogie Boogie Bash. I spoke to a Cast Member, and even though you would only wear the masks for photos, they do not suggest you bringing the masks to the event.
Villainous World of Color will not return in 2022. Guests can enjoy the classic version of World of Color on non-party nights. Only during Oogie Boogie Bash.What is the point of Oogie Boogie? ›
Oogie Boogie is the Boogie Man, resembling a large burlap sack. His life revolves around gambling, and loves gambling with others' lives. He is also apparently "The Shadow on the Moon at Night" as the shadow shown on the moon was an exact replica of him. Whether or not this is just a coincidence is unknown.